The Cloud Foundation follows the best practices for providing aid to Haiti
1. The Foundation supports Haitian-led organizations. It partners with Haitian community networks that can most effectively and efficiently provide response and relief.
2. The Foundation requests money donations because it is easier to mobilize quickly in a humanitarian response. It’s better to donate funds to organizations that purchase locally and are able to reach communities faster.
3. The Foundation operates on a rights-based approach that food, water and shelter are not charity; they are human rights.
4. The Foundation is dedicated to transparency and accountability in its work with aid beneficiaries.
5. The Foundation intends to continue investing in the long-term and will remain engaged in relief and rebuilding long after Haiti fades from the news.